Thank you for choosing Lashes by Deja! Please be sure to read descriptions of each service prior to booking as well as familiarize yourself with all studio policies.
Pre- Lash Appointment Do’s & Don’ts
Because this procedure can take time, it is important that some things be done prior to arriving for your appointment:
- Do remove move all eye makeup and clean your lashes with mild, oil free cleanser. Eye makeup can interfere with the adhesive bond and shorten the lifespan of your lash extensions. It is very important that your natural lashes be as clean as possible.
- Don’t use oil based makeup removers to clean your lashes prior to the application.
- Don’t put on any mascara the day of your appointment.
- Do remove contacts if you wear them.
- Do plan to set aside 2 to 3 hours for your full set appointment & 1 hour for your fill appointment. Many clients fall asleep during the procedure and are always amazed when they wake up with beautiful, luxurious lashes.
Post-Lash Appointment Care
The first 48 hours are crucial for the adhesive to dry and provide a strong, durable bond. Therefore, it’s very important to adhere to the following instructions:
- Keep lashes dry. Avoid getting your lashes wet. When washing your face, wash around your eyes with lukewarm water.
- Avoid swimming or exposure to steam, heat or saunas.
- Avoid oil-based creams and lotions on and around the eyes.
- Do not apply eye or lash makeup.
- Avoid eyelash tinting, perming or chemical treatments.
- Avoid chemical peels, waxing or laser treatments around the eyes.
- Avoid sleeping on side or stomach.
After the first 48 hours: Although the adhesive has dried, certain activities can weaken the adhesive bond and result in premature loss of your lash extensions. Therefore the following guidelines are recommended:
- You can swim, shower and exercise as usual but avoid excessive exposure to heat or steam.
- Be gentle with your new lashes. Don’t rub your eyes excessively and don’t pick or pull on the lashes.
- Avoid oil-based eye care products or oil-based eye make-up remover. Use of oil-based products can weaken the adhesive bond
- Avoid use of mascara as it will reduce the lifespan of your lash extensions.
- Avoid eyelash curlers as they can damage both natural and synthetic lashes.
- If eye makeup is worn, ensure the lash line is cleaned thoroughly. Makeup residue will breakdown the bond from the adhesive.
- Brush lashes twice daily. A lash wand will be given to you at the completion of your lash appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your new lashes, please feel free to contact us.